The National office of BDO Canada has an immediate opening for a Senior Infrastructure Specialist to join our IT team. The National office is located in the downtown core of Toronto, located close to Union Station and public transit.
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure & Cloud Services the Senior Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for maintaining and supporting infrastructure servers/storage systems along with infrastructure services within BDO, the data-center(s) and cloud services tenancy.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Manager, Infrastructure & Cloud services, to deliver all services in alignment with the firms’ strategy.
- Ability to research, understand, implement and lead large infrastructure projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide support and guidance for level 1& 2 staff, associated with maintaining the stability and reliability of servers.
- Engage and manage all required vendor and external technical resources to effectively troubleshoot server issues
- Responsible for the administration and support of day to day operations for infrastructure servers/storage systems along with infrastructure services
- Responsible for system management and security of Active Directory, Server Hardware, Virtual and Citrix / Terminal services environments.
- Work with level 1 &2 staff to implement regular security patches and updates to all systems through MS System Centre
- Act as contact for new storage assignment requests and evaluate the potential impact of these requests on the storage infrastructure
- Maintain and manage implemented disaster recovery and backup plans for operating systems, servers and other various critical applications. Recommend continued innovation.
- Coordinate the review, presentation and release of infrastructure design layout and other documentation
- Coordinates meetings with the stakeholders, management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task
- Document and prepare instructions involving the monitoring and maintenance plans for the server environment while adhering to BDO standards
- Participate in problem solving and collaboration with peer teams as appropriate to resolve issues and perform tasks in parallel
- Provides 3rd level technical support to resolve critical issues for the IT team and clients ensuring successful system backup and restoration
- Support and manage servers/systems at the Data Centre / Cloud and other remote sites
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to servers including Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Virtual Server, Storage, UCS Cisco and SAN Backups.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
Education and Professional Skills:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Cloud certifications (Azure) will be an asset
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer designation (MCSE, MCITP) will be an asset
- Certifications in EMC, Vmware and Cisco would be an asset
- Experience with Server Virtualization and Storage Area Network; EMC, HP, Net App (Fiber Channel and iSCSI)
- Experience working with MS Exchange, Skype, Intune
- Experience working with (SAN) Backups, Commvault and Veeam for Virtual Environments
- In depth knowledge of Cisco UCS
- In depth knowledge and proficiency working with VMWare and HyperV
- Experience working with Brocade Switches
- Thorough working knowledge of SCOM, SCCM, SCDPM
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.