Our BDO Markham office is seeking an Intermediate Accountant, Audit & Assurance to join our China practice group. As the successful candidate, you will work in collboration with BDO China and other BDO offices in various jurisdictions, with a possible opportunity for a business trip to China.
Your sound technical knowledge of audit and assurance concepts will ensure that we continue to effectively deliver exceptional service to our clients, government agencies, partners and staff – demonstrating drive, integrity and passion for our clients and practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Apply relevant technical proficiency and knowledge acquired through assigned work, self study, participation in courses, and study of current technical reports and information
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Complete the tax matters schedule where it relates to your section of the file
- Draft the tax return for review
- Ensure all working papers are updated to reflect the final version of the financial statements
- Follow up on review notes, confirmations received and outstanding issues to assist the Manager in the completion of the file
- Gather all pertinent information for the notes to the financial statements and draft the notes that are relevant to your sections of the file
- Gather management letter points for discussion with the manager/partner and review the prior year’s reported management points to determine their current status
- Initiate discussions with the manager/senior to make him/her aware of the status of your sections
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Verbal and written fluency in both English and Mandarin is required for this position
- 1-2 years of experience in Auditing/Accounting
- Previous experience with an accounting or tax program such as Caseware, Caseview or Taxprep an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of accounting policies and assurance techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism.
- This role may require some travel to other offices and/or client sites
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
BDO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries which are satisfactory to us.