BDO Canada LLP is looking for a qualified Tax Manager to join our team in our Rockland office. The successful candidate must be able to work in a professional environment while servicing the clients of the Ottawa office. We are seeking individuals that have demonstrated abilities to work within a confidential environment, are flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role, and are comfortable working independently and in teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Leading small and medium sized client engagements for tax related activities
- Work closely with Partners and Senior Tax Manager on tax planning for our clients
- Coaching, managing and mentoring Junior Tax Staff for the preparation of tax returns, conducting and presentation of tax research and career development
- Identifying as well as developing and implementing strategies for clients to capitalize on business and tax opportunities
- Assisting with business development opportunities for our office
- Prepare and review tax reorganization letters
- Manage compliance work workflow software
- Corporate tax return review
- Family trust and Estate trust return review
- Participate in employee evaluation
- Participate in the Ottawa management group
- Assist the tax partners in developing new leads, work, template to grow BDO’s tax practice
Education and Professional Skills/Education:
- Professional Accounting Designation required
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course (Levels I, II) or Masters in Tax
- At least five years' experience in public accounting with a specialization in tax for a minimum of two years
- Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax compliance and planning
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
- Previous experience working with TaxPrep and Caseware an asset.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.