BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is a national professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services and one of the largest accounting and advisory firms in Canada. With over 90 years of experience, we’ve built up people, technical and industry expertise to help clients meet business objectives.
Our Solutions Outsourcing team frees businesses from the day-to-day burden of financial and payroll accounting and financial reporting by offering a highly automated all-inclusive service with business information available anytime, anywhere. The practice area is growing rapidly, with both medium and large clients, and as a result of our expansion, we have an immediate opening for an Outsourcing Payroll Manager to join the practice. This position is National in scope and will involve managing the Outsourcing staff as well as working to provide recommendations for improving and streamlining processes for the practice.
• Provide leadership and sound guidance for Outsourcing staff
• Manage the daily and weekly processing of client payrolls
• Serve as the primary escalation point for clients
• Provide expert analysis and recommendations to resolve payroll issues for clients
• Responsible for effectively onboarding new clients and ensuring a strong line of communication is established between the client, other internal BDO team members and the Outsourcing team
• Prepare Preauthorized Debit and Electronic Funds Transfer requests for approval in respect of payrolls processed
• University Degree or College Diploma
• Deep knowledge of Canadian payroll practices and legislation is required
• A relevant certification is desired (PCP, CPM)
• Approximately five years of experience in a leadership role within a client services environment
• Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics GP is an asset
• Proven ability to effectively manage a team
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Self-motivated to make process improvements
• Well-organized and able to effectively serve clients in a timely manner
• Exceptional ability to solve problems under pressure
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.