BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP’s Penticton office is seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Technician. In this role you will be responsible for providing accounting services to our clients including completing bookkeeping tasks, preparing compilation engagements and income tax statements. This is the right job for you if you thrive in a busy work environment that involves lots of multitasking and variety of work throughout the day.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements for a variety of industries including not for profit clients and owner managed businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Client Leader, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, compilation, and bookkeeping engagements, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns
- Building effective working relationships with client contacts and responding effectively to client requests.
- Coordination of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
- Following-up with appropriate government agencies on questions relating to payroll, assessments, GST, HST, business numbers, applications for income security programs (CPP,OAS, GIS).
- Assisting and training Junior and Intermediate Accounting Technicians.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Bookkeeping or related role.
- Experience with reviews, compilations, and preparing tax returns.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Caseware, Tax Prep would be considered an asset.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.