BDO Canada is currently looking to hire a Receptionist on a full time basis to become part of our Halifax team. The Receptionist is responsible for maintenance of all areas of reception, specifically greeting clients and switchboard control.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Booking boardrooms for meetings as requested and coordinating catering requirements
- Receiving and routing calls, providing directory assistance and directing inquires to proper department or individuals
- Greeting, receiving and directing visitors to the appropriate department or individual
- Ensure reception area is opened/closed appropriately, ensure night lines activated, ensure security requirements set each night
- Maintenance in appearance of reception area ensuring desk area is tidy and confidential related to client packages, mail, etc.
- Manage courier requirements for delivery and pickup, including signing for couriers, completing the waybills and other necessary documentation, maintenance of log books for tracking purposes
- Sort and deliver incoming mail, cheques and courier packages, post outgoing mail
- Review returned mail, follow up to obtain new address, re-issue correspondence to new address or file/scan returned mail to appropriate file
- Kitchen maintenance for reception area
- File Room maintenance
- Cash handling for the personal insolvency practice
- Assistance with unsecured proof of claim administration in the personal insolvency practice
- Other clerical duties as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a professional reception role with a multi-line switchboard and general administrative duties
- Ability to stay organized within a busy work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- This role will require the ability to work extra hours from time-to-time, per business requirements
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.