BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant, Accounting & Assurance to join our Coboug team. As the successful candidate, you will develop your professional accounting career while receiving unparalleled mentorship from our industry experts. Your sound technical knowledge of tax and assurance concepts will ensure that we continue to effectively deliver exceptional service to our clients, government agencies, partners and staff – demonstrating drive, integrity and passion for our clients and practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of year-end engagements and tax returns for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises (T1, T2s,T3s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST)
- Notice to readers and review engagements
- Responsible for planning and carrying out work related to Assurance & Accounting and income tax engagements
- Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprise
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Auditing financial statements of business clients as a team member or audit senior
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in new business development initiatives through preparation of materials for new business presentations and meetings, writing proposals, etc.
- Keeping partners and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
- Travel around Atlantic Canada will be required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Professional Accounting designation
- Minimum of two years of public accounting experience is required, including ability to organize and manage audits and review client assignments
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), Caseware, Caseview, and Taxprep
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way