Our Taxation Services team in downtown Montreal is presently looking for a Tax Manager who will be involved in multiple and complex advisory engagements in the field of taxation. We help our clients resolve complex issues related to Canadian and International Taxation. We also help them to successfully align the different fields of taxation with a strategy that is primarily based on benefits.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to consulting and tax compliance mandates for a varied client base, while working closely with the Tax customer service team, the Financial Advisory Services and the Assurance and Accounting team
- Develop a sound understanding of Canadian Taxation concepts and efficiently apply this knowledge of taxation to situations affecting the clients
- Develop and apply innovative tax planning ideas through timely delivery of products and services that meet and go beyond the client's expectations
- Propose practical and innovative solutions to the fiscal situation of the client and draw the relevant conclusions
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with the clients
- Widen his knowledge base and share it with his peers in order to develop his professional expertise and improve service delivery
- Identify opportunities to market tax planning services and other special services
- Encourage communication between members of the team and efficiently supervise them
- Contribute to building a stable, flexible and team work oriented environment, that favors personal growth and professional development
- Participate in the national initiatives of the Firm
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Canadian Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Diploma in taxation (Masters Degree or In-Depth I and II)
- A minimum of four to six years’ experience in Canadian taxation
- Specific experience in SME client service
- Strong knowledge of GAAP requirements for tax provisions
- Exposure to U.S. tax would be an asset
- Thorough, with a critical mind
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain client relationships
- Previous managerial and/or supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, in both French and English
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Office, Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm, engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.