BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently looking to hire a Junior Administrative Assistant to become part of our Vancouver team. Reporting to the Office Manager, you will be responsible for providing direct support to the administrative team within a busy work environment. As part of a team, you will have the opportunity to take part in projects, provide support to other team members and continue to grow in your administrative career. This is a full time permanent job opportunity.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assisting with requests from staff and Management for coordinating meeting requests, ordering catering as well as managing conference calls & WebEx calls.
- Processing expenses, entering time sheets and following up on associated communication.
- Reviewing billing reports, updating with relevant data and providing follow up on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating travel arrangements including booking flights and accommodation.
- Preparing documents into packages and arranging for couriers.
- Reception coverage including answering all calls, managing incoming & outgoing couriers and greeting clients.
- Assisting the Administrative team with ad hoc projects.
- Supporting other admin related projects as required.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- College Diploma or University Degree considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience in an administrative or similar role.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities as well as multitasking between different requests.
- Flexible to support evolving requests by working extra hours from time-to-time, as per business requests.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.