BDO’s Financial Recovery Services (FRS) practice has established a reputation for uncompromising commitment to service, quality and results. Our financial recovery specialists provide creative, constructive, and cost-effective solutions for troubled companies and individuals. Our professionals combine their business management, analytical and insolvency skills with hands-on industry experience to ensure our clients receive consistent and personalized service.
Our North York (Sheppard) Financial Recovery Services office has an opening for an organized and professional individual that is adaptable, has strong interpersonal skills, is comfortable with numbers and is able to function within a strong team environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for various office functions related to consumer bankruptcy, consumer proposal and other general enquires.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- High volume scanning of files and maintenance of filing systems
- Drafting documents and letters and various correspondence
- Preparing documents for mail outs and courier services
- Entering documents into internal systems
- Creating formal documents in Ascend
- Commissioning of documents
- Confirming and scheduling appointments
- Sorting and delivering incoming mail
- Preparation of legal documents for court as needed
- Reception coverage as required
- Various other duties to assist the Office Services department as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-Secondary education required
- Knowledge and interest in insovlencyis preffered
- Must have 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service experience
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage multiples tasks and a variable workload as required
- Proficient in MS Word (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous Insolvency/Financial Recovery Services experience is a definite asset but not a requirement
- Legal experience considered an asset but not a requirement
- Must work well within a team
- Must work with discretion and confidentiality
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- Complete CPA designation through BDO
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way