BDO Canada requires an Intermediate Bookkeeping Technician who will be responsible for providing bookkeeping and accounting services to our small and medium sized clients. Located in our Woodstock office, the incumbent must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of bookkeeping and payroll
- Preparation of review compilations, T1's and T2's
- Assist with preparation of regular external filings such as HST and T4’s
- Preparation of corporate tax returns and personal tax returns
- Completion of routine account analysis and bookkeeping assignments following established procedures
- Experienced with performing reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Previous experience with Bookkeeping (at least 2-3 years)
- Experience with preparing payroll
- Previous work experience in a public accounting practice is an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required
- Excellent skills in Accounting Software (AccPac, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks)
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Previous experience in CaseWare/CaseView or Tax Prep is an asset
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and quick turnaround times is required
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.