BDO Canada LLP has an opportunity for a dynamic and professional individual as a Senior Financial Planner for our Wealth Advisory Services business line. This position can be located from any of our GTA offices and will be servicing clients across the region. The Toronto Office of BDO Canada LLP has an opening for a full-time Senior Financial Planner. This position serves as a fantastic opportunity for the selected candidate to further bolster the development of the Wealth Advisory Services division offered by BDO. This position offers continued career growth, exposure in the Wealth & Advisory profession and an opportunity to really make this role their own. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and attention to detail skills, can build relationships with clients easily, and can set our clients up for financial success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Identify complex financial planning needs and solutions for clients by considering the client’s wealth, life goals and other objectives
- Serve as a resource for clients with complex needs surrounding financial planning, investments, insurance, tax management, executive compensation, retirement analysis, estate planning, philanthropy and business succession planning;
- Process client data and complete data entry in financial planning software
- Develop recommendations and identify areas of opportunity to assist clients in achieving their financial goals
- Execute the financial planning cycle by creating, editing and proofing financial plans
- Other Financial Planning tasks including, but not limited to; meeting preparation, RRSP, RESP and TFSA account tracking, research assignments, prepare report packages, other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of personal and corporate tax implications
- Liaise between investment dealers, accountants, lawyers and insurance professionals
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Designated Certified Financial Planner (CFP) completed is required
- Post graduate diploma in Financial Planning or related discipline is considered a strong asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in the wealth/financial planning industry is preferred (in a banking, insurance, investment related workplace)
- Inquisitive, curious attitude by continuously asking questions and looking for opportunities to make improvements
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Experience utilizing FP Solutions software
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite Experience using TaxPrep software is considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.