The Toronto office of BDO Canada LLP is seeking a full-time Junior Bookkeeping Technician to join our rapidly growing Outsourcing team. The successful candidate is responsible for providing bookkeeping and accounting services to our clients. Candidates must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Processes monthly financial transactions into Microsoft NAV accounting software.
- Completes bank reconciliations, bookkeeping assignments and other routine account analysis following established procedures.
- Prepares and organizes any relevant working papers/documentation for standard bookkeeping engagements.
- Prepares GST/HST, PST, QST and WSIB filings
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Recording of day to day business transactions, recording of cash receipts and disbursements, maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable sub ledgers, reconciliations such as bank account and credit cards, maintain capital asset depreciation and amortization schedules in accounting software
- Provide support to clients on general questions regarding bookkeeping issues
- Effective communication with our clients, with government agencies and with our partners and staff
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance OR business considered an asset
- 1 year of hands on, in depth bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Proficiency in Quicken/Quick Books and Easy Pay is considered an asset
- Previous experience with NAV Dynamic software is an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks
- Problem solver and high attention to detail
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.