BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Events Specialist to join our Kitchener-Waterloo Office. As the successful candidate, you will be part of a team supporting marketing and business development efforts for Central Canada, in alignment with our National program, with primary responsibilities along the 401 corridor from Guelph to Windsor.
- Support marketing programs and initiatives, with particular emphasis on events (live or virtual), tradeshows, and sponsorships, to increase the brand recognition of the Firm’s service offering and ensure brand consistency and alignment to go-to-market and business development strategies
- Develop and track project plans including budgets, approvals, key dates and milestones to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Manage all event logistics including invitations, mailing lists, handout materials, site management, speakers, visual presentations and follow-up efforts
- Negotiate and manage facility arrangements for room set-up, technical (AV) assistance and catering, working closely with IT, Office Services, other internal services teams and third party vendors
- Provide set-up and onsite support for events, which may include national and regional sponsorships, as well as internal and external marketing events
- Curate the event experience for attendees, to differentiate events, and take the experience to the next level.
- Plan and coordinate post-event sales outreach to leverage opportunities created from event.
- Conduct research and analysis on potential event activities, including sponsorship and speaking opportunities
- Work with digital and content marketing to ensure events are incorporated in content and social media strategy.
- Evaluate event performance, including return on investment tracking, delivering feedback, and providing debrief/post-event reports and analysis
- Support other marketing and marketing communications activities within Central Canada as needed
- Enforce BDO International Corporate Visual Identity Standards and National brand standards
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
- The role will require periodic travel to other locations and firm events
- University or College Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of working experience in a marketing, events, or communications role
- Strong experience with events/project management and marketing planning
- Strong experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines, steer several projects simultaneously and manage priorities
- Creative, autonomous and self-starting
- Metrics-driven mindset, with critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both in written and verbal correspondence, while being detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to build strong relations with demanding professionals
- Ability to communicate confidently with all levels of the organization