Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Office (PMO), the Project Coordinator (PC) is primarily responsible for providing coordination and governance support to Project Managers during project execution and to ensure the successful adherence to PMO Processes, Procedures and Guidelines.
In addition, the PC will have the opportunity to manage deliveries of small to medium sized initiatives/projects in the IT project portfolio.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Support Project Managers by preparing documentation such as Project Charters, Project Plans, Schedules, Training Plans, User Documentation, Communication Plans, various reports and presentations
- Assist Project Managers to track meeting minutes, risks, issues, change requests and key decisions made throughout assigned projects
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key business partners, internal firm functions and IT stakeholders, ensuring business and technical objectives are met
- Work with Project Managers to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed through each stage of the project’s development and execution
- Ensure that the Project Management Framework (PMF) and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) are followed as per the PMO guidelines
- Provide ongoing support to the PMO with assistance in portfolio and project level reporting
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- 2-3 years of experience coordinating projects of various sizes and complexity, utilizing a disciplined approach
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary education preferably in Business Administration, Project Management
- Self-starter and strong multi-tasking capabilities with proven experience in identifying and balancing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively participate in project strategy, planning and approach
- Basic understanding of Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) principles and methodologies an asset
- High level understanding of the System Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative) an asset
- Experience with MS Suite of products (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, SharePoint
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management tools (MS Project Online) or similar tools an asset
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.