BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The BDO Peterborough office is seeking a Tax Technician to work in our Domestic Tax Group. Our Tax Technicians are responsible for a wide variety of tax related tasks and report to our Tax Managers and Tax Partners.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Preparing complex tax returns
- Preparing monthly tax reports including fee posting stats
- Preparing various income tax election forms
- Communicate with CRA and clients
- Reviewing notices of (re)assessment and statement of accounts and following up as required
- Reviewing returns, adjustments and tax slips
- Reviewing tax history for new clients to ensure that filings are up-to-date
- Reviewing taxpayer relief and voluntary disclosure requests
- Supervising other staff members
- Tracking recurring entries for installments and mailing of quarterly installment cheques
- Training and coaching students
- Accountable to act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 3+ years of relevant experience within public practice
- Accounting or business diploma or degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Experience with TaxPrep
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way