BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP’s Cranbrook office is seeking an Accounting Technician who will be responsible for providing accounting services to our clients including bookkeeping tasks, tax return preparation and compilations. This individual must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role. The candidate must also be capable of working independently within a team environment, and be available for client visits.
- Preparation and review of regular external filings and Tax assignments such as GST, PST, WCB, T1, T2’s T4’s and T5’s, including CRA audit and support requests
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting and bookkeeping issues
- Preparation of corporate year end files using Caseware (or similar program) and Taxprep (or similar program), including account verifications and backup when required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary education in accounting preferred
- Relevant experience in full cycle bookkeeping and accounting, preferably in an accounting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel and Word)
- Proficiency in accounting related software (primarily Simply Accounting and Quickbooks)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and ability to support coworkers and staff
- Capacity to work with a minimum of supervision
- Availability for overtime when necessary
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world.
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed.
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
- One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.