We are expanding the Tax team in our Kenora office and invite Chartered Accountants to submit their CV for consideration. The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for preparation and/or review of tax files, assisting with corporate reorganizations, researching compliance and planning issues, training more junior members of the Tax team, and training other BDO business lines on tax return preparation and current tax developments.
This is a great opportuntity to establish a career as a Tax Specialist and complete the In-Depth Tax Course.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Reviews tax returns (personal, corporate, trust, and partnership for both residents and non-residents of Canada)
- Prepares complex tax returns (personal, corporate, trust, and partnership for both residents and non-residents of Canada)
- Reviews assessments (personal, corporate, and trust for both residents and non-residents of Canada) and determines necessary actions to rectify (objections, adjustment requests, etc.)
- Deals with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Corresponds with audit staff and/or clients in answer to clients’ specific personal or corporate tax queries or about matters that arise from compliance or planning work
- Assists audit staff with compliance matters for corporate tax returns (how/where to report certain accounting income/expenses on corporate returns, reconciling tax assessments/reassessments to client’s GL accounts, booking tax provisions, etc.)
- Prepares and/or reviews T4/T4A/T5 slips and summaries
- Prepares and/or reviews NR4/NR6 slips and summaries
- Prepares and/or reviews other tax forms and/or reporting slips
- Prepares and/or reviews notices of objection
- Prepares election forms required in corporate reorganizations or other transactions
- Prepares Notice to Reader financial statement files and corporate tax returns for tax clients (as required)
- Assists the tax managers or partners with calculations, memos and/or other tasks required in the completion of corporate reorganizations, planning, or compliance memos
- Researches client issues that arise from compliance or planning work using a variety of on-line and hard-copy sources
- Develops and presents professional development courses for staff in other BDO divisions on tax return preparation or other current tax matters
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.