BDO’s Calgary office is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant. The assistant will provide proactive administrative support to Calgary’s Assurance & Audit team. Coupled with excellent support skill at a high level, this Administrative Assistant will have a professional profile and an ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of administrative support duties, including but not limited to, preparing and formatting letters, proposals, reports, presentations and confidential minutes;
- Ensure coordination, logistics and continuous monitoring of meetings and management committees internally as well as externally and manage calendars, travels and travel arrangements;
- Keep records of expense accounts to clients, including preparing and sending them, and review time reports; and
- Maintain and manage client and professional contact database to send various publications, greeting cards, etc.
- At the beginning of each mandate, update client files and prepare engagement letters as well as documents related to risk management and independence;
- Save various documents signed by the client and the staff into the client files;
- At the end of each mandate, review and complete the files to create e-archives of the client files for the current year;
- Prepare, format and review documents associated with the financial statements through Word or Excel for archiving purposes;
- Prepare transmittal letters and remittance slips, as needed, when sending documents to clients (financial statements and tax returns via mail or courier);
- Update client files in XCM internal tracking software (workflow system).
- During tax season, receive client documents for their personal tax return, sort various documents received, prepare tracking sheets for Tax Staff, perform a follow-up on the file with the partner and send the completed tax return to the client, as needed.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Diploma of College Studies in Office Technology or other relevant training;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an administrative role
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as office-specific software (ex. Caseware);
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage several tasks files at the same time and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Must show flexibility and availability as overtime may be required;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world.
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset. We offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed.
- We provide competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development.
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives such as FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger,” etc.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.