BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant (Non-Audit) for our Wiarton office. Under the supervision of a Manager, Senior Manager, Associate, or Partner, the Senior Accountant is responsible for completing financial statements and income tax returns for compilation and review engagements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, compilation, and bookkeeping engagements, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Responsibility for preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
- Building effective working relationships with client contacts and responding effectively to client requests.
- Completion of trust returns and trust working papers.
- Coordination of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Manager/Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the
- Following-up with appropriate government agencies on questions relating to payroll, assessments, GST, HST, business numbers, applications for income security programs (CPP,OAS, GIS).
- Assisting and training junior and intermediate staff.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Knowledge of Caseware, Tax Prep.
- Experience with reviews, compilations, and preparing tax returns required.
- Minimum 3 years of Public Accounting, Bookkeeping or related experience
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world.
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed.
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option.
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development.
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.