Our Mississauga office has an opening for an outgoing, experienced team player to perform junior administrative responsibilities. Reporting directly to the Office Manager, the candidate must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, and possess an ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Administrative Team.
- Work with Office Manager on various projects.
- All facets of Reception coverage for breaks and lunch hours, including extended vacation relief (Shoretel System).
- Assist with preparation and orientations for new staff arrivals.
- Preparation & tracking of outgoing couriers via on-line systems.
- Organize client meetings and special events including booking meeting rooms, boardroom set up, ordering catering, etc.
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly, yearly & recurring office routines, ie. supplies inventory, coffee inventory and order transmission, postage meter maintenance and top-ups.
- Ensure photocopiers are in working order (clear paper jams, etc.) and ensure adequate paper is available on a daily basis at various locations in the office.
- Maintenance and updating of various databases/spreadsheets & reports.
- Assembly of personal tax returns including cross-checking information from T-slips, receipts and other attachments to the T1 schedules.
- Provide support to the file room clerk as required.
- Assist with overall office tidiness, including maintaining adequate office inventory levels.
- General administrative tasks and clerical duties including correspondence, mailings, file room assistance, scanning, photocopying, faxing, data entry, library filings and other tasks as required and/or assigned.
- Able to work extra hours from time-to-time in order to meet deadlines.
- Willing to be a member of Joint Health and Safety Committee, Social Committee or other internal committees.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of office specific software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties in a professional manner
- Able to work under pressure and excellent attention to detail with an ability to prioritize multiple requirements and deadlines
- Must be able to deal with confidential matters appropriately
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Must be able to adapt to on-going changes and growth in the role and duties
- College diploma an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience in a professional administrative role
- Previous reception experience an asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.