Join BDO Canada’s dynamic Talent Acquisition team!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Campus Recruitment Specialist delivers national campus recruiting initiatives within their assigned Group, specifically Western Canada. As a Campus Recruitment Specialist, you will coordinate with our local Human Resources teams, provide guidance on campus recruitment processes and strategy, actively engage in social media to support the Firm campus program, and acts as a primary contact for campus related needs. You will also be integral in the design, coordination and attendance of recruitment events; the Campus Recruitment Specialist actively participates in the campus recruitment process, from development of initiatives through to student placement within offices across Canada. Develop and maintain relationships with key academic partners and provide guidance and support to the recruitment teams, all while elevating the Firm’s image and brand, are paramount.
How will you help position our future leaders for Firm, Professional and Personal Success?
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships with Firm stakeholders, Group Leadership and clients and provides subject matter expertise on recruiting practices and collaborates to implement national campus recruiting initiatives
- Reviews and revises hiring needs comparing against established National targets
- Facilitates recruitment on campus to fill entry-level, co-op and intern positions; including posting roles, screening applicants, conducting interviews and rank/match as applicable
- Acts as primary contact for candidates throughout the recruiting life cycle while enhancing a candidate’s opinion of the firm by providing an inclusive portrait of culture, services and benefits
- Acts as the primary campus recruiting point of contact for specific Education Institutions and Firm Groups
- Develops and maintains relationships with key Education Institutions inclusive of faculty, career office employees, students and campus recruiting teams Develops relationships with partners and staff and provides subject matter expertise on recruiting practices
- Works with other Campus Recruitment Specialists to develop, implement and manage National Campus recruitment agenda
- Monitors industry and market trends and develops and implements strategies to maintain competitive edge in the marketplace
- Selects and trains internal volunteers to represent the firm on campus, based on a National Training plan
- Maintains a constant and steady focus on the market-place and disseminates market intelligence to key client groups
- Travel across Western Canada will be required during peak periods.
Education and Key Professional Skills:
- Enjoys having fun and doing serious work in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable planning and facilitating presentations
- Strategic thinking/planning experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Superior time management and ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and interests
- Previous campus recruitment experience is an asset
- Knowledge of provincial CPA processes is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of two years’ experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.