BDO Canada LLP has an opportunity for a dynamic and professional individual as a Manager of our Wealth Advisory Services business line. This position will be located out of our Calgary office and will be servicing clients throughout Alberta. This role serves as a fantastic opportunity for the selected candidate to further assist with the growth of Wealth Advisory Services offered by BDO, and for continued career growth within the Wealth Advisory and Client Service profession. We are seeking an individual who has strong analytical and attention to detail skills, can build relationships with clients easily, and can set our clients up for financial success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Identify complex financial planning needs and solutions for clients by considering the client’s wealth, life goals and other objectives;
- Serve as a resource for clients with complex needs surrounding financial planning, investments, insurance, tax management, executive compensation, retirement analysis, estate planning, philanthropy and business succession planning;
- Liaise and build relationships with external vendors such as investment dealers, accountants, lawyers and insurance professionals;
- Develop and strengthen client relationships for assigned block of clients;
- Develop recommendations and identify areas of opportunity to assist clients in achieving their financial goals;
- Recognize solutions which are appropriate for each client’s needs and situation by designing, implementing and managing the full financial planning process;
- Engage in business development related initiatives to promote BDO’s Wealth Advisory Services to support the acquisition of new clients;
- Develop niche expertise in certain business segments and serve as a resource to the Firm within the geographical area;
- Act as a leader within the Wealth Advisory Services team with the possibility of managing direct reports as BDO’s Wealth Practice expands in this geography.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- 4-5 years of accounting, complex financial planning and/or investment experience;
- Postsecondary education with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Business is preferred;
- Completion of the CPA designation or a Masters level Business Program is considered an asset;
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or equivalent is required;
- Experience using FP Solutions software and TaxPrep software is also considered an asset;
- Prior experience in the wealth/financial industry is preferred with experience managing the financial needs of high net worth clients;
- Inquisitive, curious attitude by continuously asking questions and looking for opportunities to make improvements;
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with clients;
- Ability to create a strong personal brand and be seen as a highly respected advisor within the community;
- Regular travel to meet with clients can be expected from this role.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world;
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option;
- BDO offers flexible work arrangements;
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development;
- On-going training and educational opportunities (Internal and external courses are available both at a National and Local office level);
- Several Professional Development opportunities to take advantage of (we host WebEx’s, regular conference calls, tax courses, etc);
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives such as FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way.
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.