BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP’s is looking for a Senior Manager, International Tax to work within our Calgary or Vancouver offices with a growing team for tax consulting and compliance engagements for a broad client base from different industries. The Senior Manager, International Tax will be responsible for the review of tax files concentrating on inbound and outbound international taxation matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Offers tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients
• Work on special engagements as needed
• Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memorandum
• Review taxes of staff below manager level
• Application of reorganization strategies
• Manages staff in the Tax group and provides daily guidance, coaching and develops their knowledge of tax
• Provides tax training at internal and external professional tax skill development sessions
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Qualified Canadian CPA/CA with successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (level I & II at a minimum)
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in a public accounting practice
• Candidates with Accounting Designations including CPA/CMA, CPA/CGA & International CPA/CA’s will also be considered •Sound technical knowledge of International Tax related issues
• Ability to manage client relationships well
• Motivated and diligent in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of tax
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware / Caseview and TaxPrep
• Solid knowledge of GAAP requirements for tax provisions including IFRS and ASPE
• Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
• Previous managerial and/or supervisory experience is highly desirable
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Previous reorganization applications
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must have excellent knowledge and experience in domestic reorganization
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.