BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Reporting directly to the National Leader, Human Resources, the Senior Manager, Learning & Development sits on the National HR Leadership Team and leads the L&D function and strategy nationally.
While working closely with the business leaders and HR CoE’s and Group HR Advisors, this key role is responsible for the design and implementation of learning curricula that positions our people for Firm | Professional | Personal success. Interested in making your mark and being part of shaping the firm of the future?
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with leaders to understand the business and determine evolving learning needs and delivery avenues that position our people for success
• Leads and engages a high performance L&D team
• Responsible for design and implementation of the firm’s Learning and Development strategy including the following:
o Leadership Development
o Business Development
o Managerial Learning
o CPA program
o On-boarding process and experience
o Technical skills requirements
• Develop and leverage relationships with external learning partners to bring efficient, best in class content and delivery
• Assesses and provides recommendations / insights on learning program effectiveness and value
• Establishes, maintains, and communicates the Annual Learning Calendar
• Responsible for leveraging Learning technology to manage
o Learning delivery enabling just in time access to content
o Learning curriculum compliance (LMS)
• Ensures that the competency framework is relevant and positions our people to deliver performance against Strategic Performance Outcomes (SPO).
• Develop and manage the annual Learning and Development Budget
Education and Key Professional Skills
• Has fun doing serious work in a collaborative environment
• A creative thinker who challenges the status quo to improve outcomes
• Technologically savvy
• A curious and proactive problem solver who develops solutions that positions our people for success
• Collaborative and constructive when working with clients and colleagues and always seeks to improve processes
• A savvy relationship builder who develops the best possible recommendations for clients and enables leaders
• Exceptional ability to advise and influence clients
• Comfortable facilitating presentations and discussions
• Minimum 8 years progressive Learning & development experience
• Experience leading a team of professionals
• Strong strategic thinking/planning experience
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Relevant experience in strategy and program development / delivery
• Project management skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities
• Relevant business or HR degree / designation
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.