BDO Law LLP provides our clients with legal services to help address their corporate and administrative legal needs efficiently and effectively along with other accounting and tax matters. With over 35 years of combined experience, our legal team has a history of providing a wide array of corporate and commercial legal services to meet the needs of our clients. A career in legal services at BDO means working within a dynamic environment, leading to each day being unique and fostering an enjoyable and fulfilling career experience. We seek problem-solvers and innovators, willing to assume new responsibilities, tackle new challenges, build relationships and navigate the ever-evolving legal landscape.
Our service offering includes:
Incorporation of companies
Establishment of trusts
Formation of partnerships
Drafting of contracts and legal agreements
Preparation of minutes/maintenance of minute books
Entity amalgamation or windup and liquidation
Preparation of wills and estate planning
BDO Law LLP has an immediate opening to hire a Junior Corporate Law Clerk at our National office in downtown Toronto for an 18-month contract and the potential for extension/permanent employment at its completion. The sucessful candidate will be part of a busy, dynamic team and provide corporate legal services support in a fast paced, team oriented environment at the National office in Toronto.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepare corporate documents including: incorporations, amendments, amalgamations, continuances, dissolutions, register and maintain limited partnerships and trusts in across Canada
- Prepare closing checklists and ancillary agreements and documents for rollovers and other tax-driven reorganizations
- Complete complex minute book reviews and ratification documentation for all types of entities within set timelines
- Prepare government filings, coordinate with extra-provincial agents, attend to completion of extra-provincial registrations and renewals, trade name registrations, limited partnership registrations, etc., in all jurisdictions throughout Canada
- Coordinate with outsourced corporate services providers and ensure that deliverables are met within set expectations and that all time and disbursements are properly captured
- Organize and manage corporate minute books and files, including the input and maintenance of electronic corporate records
- Contribute to and provide input on the development of the firm
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Corporate Law Clerk in private practice or combination of private and in-house settings
- Member in good standing with the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Experienced with assisting on closings of corporate/commercial transactions, such as share and asset purchases, reorganizations and plans of arrangement
- Experienced with leveraging Entity Management Systems, such as Emergent and Cyberbahn and able to utilize technology to handle a high volume of clients and files
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail, organization and follow up
- Flexible, team player who is client service oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with a paperless environment for organizing and managing corporate records
- Available to work extended hours when necessary
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.