BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently looking to hire an Administrative Assistant within our Vancouver office. This full time permanent position is an opportunity to join a busy and growing team with preparing documents, assembling documents, reviewing financial statements, data entry, filing, scanning, among many other tasks. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys a fast paced environment with a collaborative team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Administrative support to the Partner and Department which include client invoicing, client and contact database management, time & expense reports, meeting & travel coordination.
• Assembly of corporate and personal tax returns including cross-checking documentation.
• Coordinating details related to internal meetings, booking rooms, catering, etc.
• Organize attendance and registration of courses, conference for Partners and Department members.
• Photocopying, filing, assisting with client mail outs and other general administrative duties as required.
• Providing assistance to other Partners and staff as assigned during periods of vacations, illness, etc.
• Quality control regarding visual presentation of financial statements, proof-reading, check additions, transfers and cross-referencing on financial statements prior to issue
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in an administrative role.
• Completed post-secondary degree/diploma considered an asset.
• Experience within a fast paced environment supporting Executives or Senior Leaders.
• Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiples tasks and deadlines.
• Ability to support high level managements requests with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work extra hours when required.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.