BDO Canada's Winnipeg office is seeking a qualified Manager, A&A (Bilingual) to join our growing team. The Manager, A&A oversees assurance and non-assurance engagements and deliverables directly related to client engagements in accordance with Firm and professional standards. With the development of their knowledge and experience, Managers will have increased responsibilities and accountability for staff development, supervision and engagement.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to issues arising on client engagements and ensure the issues are addressed and appropriately documented in accordance with professional standards and Firm policies.
- Apply appropriate industry / business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business.
- Apply effective marketing and selling skills to develop a portfolio of new clients and develop and build on new opportunities with existing clients.
- Complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance & Accounting projects to ensure that the engagement / project is in accordance standards and firm policy.
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards.
- Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for assurance and non-assurance engagements (audits, reviews, compilations, special reports, etc) and accounting projects.
- Work independently on special assignments and more difficult corporate or tax assignments according to business needs.
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews.
- Develop the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Participate in interviews and assist in the selection of new talent during recruitment periods.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional Accounting Designation is required
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a public accounting firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Advanced accounting and tax skills
- Experience with Caseware, Caseview and TaxPrep an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to prioritize workloads, work flexible hours and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to deal with conflict and resolution
- High values in teamwork, client services and professionalism
- Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
- Support the Vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.