BDO Canada's National Office, located in downtown Toronto, has an opportunity in their National Assurance & Accounting department at the Manager Level.
Reporting to the National Accounting Standards Partner, the Manager, National Accounting Standards is responsible for providing guidance, training and practice tools to the Firm’s local offices on all parts of Canadian GAAP, with a concentration on standards applicable to Not-for-Profit Organizations and the Public Sector.
Relocation to Toronto is not required for this position.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and performing research to assist individual’s in the Firm’s local offices on complex accounting and financial reporting matters
- Performing quality control reviews on financial statements
- Development of accounting and financial reporting publications, manuals and other practice tools for internal and external distribution
- Designing and delivering the effective accounting and financial reporting training programs for Partners and staff, including live instructor-led training, web-based training, and virtual instructor-led training
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- A CPA, CA designation (or other similar professional designation, e.g CPA, CGA / CPA, CMA, etc.)
- 2-5 years (post designation) of accounting standards experience
- Experience in one or more of part of Canadian GAAP. Experience with all parts of Canadian GAAP is not required; however, candidates with experience in applying standards applicable to Not-for-Profit Organizations and the Public Sector are preferred
- Experience in delivering training and presentations, including development of relevant materials
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Possess a basic understanding of other standards, policies and procedures that interact with financial reporting, including, assurance standards, securities regulation, risk management, independence, tax, etc.Our VisionOne Firm engaged to make difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.