The Kelowna office of BDO Canada LLP is seeking a full-time Manager, Outsourcing to join our rapidly growing Outsourcing team. The successful candidate is responsible for making and building relationships with our First Nations clients, prospects and partners, and effectively planning, supervising and executing First Nations Outsourcing engagements.
This is a brand new position for the region’s Outsourcing group, where we complete day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping functions for our clients through cloud-based technology.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute First Nation Outsourcing engagements in accordance with all relevant professional standards (accounting, quality control, and ethical) and Firm policies
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, quality control and ethical standards applicable to First Nations, including reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to issues arising on First Nation client engagements and ensure issues are addressed and appropriately documented. Apply knowledge of the INAC programs and funding requirements for FN accounting and apply knowledge of the tax environment for FN.
- Apply appropriate First Nation industry / business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Providing project management, technical skills and leadership to team members for First Nation projects and engagements
- Managing onboarding of new FN clients to Outsourcing/NAV including potential site visits with clients and coordinating client and client facing team training
- Complete detailed review of First Nation bookkeeping and other outsourcing engagements to ensure the engagement/project is performed in accordance with Firm standards
- Facilitates information sharing between clients and outsourcing team, acts as a liaison between outsourcing clients, outsourcing center and local office professionals.
- Delivers exceptional client service and experience to First Nation clients
- Planning staff allocation and working with team members to complete First Nation’s projects on time and within budgets.
- Managing staffing on FN engagement and working with all Outsourcing team Managers to ensure staff utilization is maintained in FN and non FN work, including prioritizing tasks for projects, establishing budgets and assigning staff to meet client deadlines.
- Develops the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Begin to develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting role or environment.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Related experience and good working knowledge in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), Microsoft Dynamics NAV, AccPac, Adagio, and Xyntax would be preferred.
- Related experience and good knowledge of First Nation organizations, not for profits and other small business entities under these organizational structures.
- Prior internal and external client service and conflict resolution experience.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Exceptional communication, time and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Experience and confidence in presenting information in a group setting, chairing meetings or presenting to a Board or Chief and Council.
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism.
- Supports BDO's vision by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations.
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.