BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our growing Tax team at one of our BC Interior locations including Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Kamloops or Cranbrook. This is an opportunity to work within an engaging team on tax consulting and compliance engagements for a diverse client base. This position has the opportunity to grow quickly within the firm while gaining valuable experience with planning and compliance tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Preparation of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms. This work may include an initial focus on preparation work while working towards reviewing all of the returns. Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience.
• Prepare tax accrual working in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
• Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
• Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
• Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
• Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
• Effectively communicating internally on various tax matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Minimum three years’ experience within public practice with exposure to Tax engagements.
• Professional designation or working towards completion (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA).
• Ability to manage multiple priorities within a busy work environment.
• Flexible to work independently as well as within a team.
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
• Opportunity to develop through projects
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with a diverse team
• BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
• The best professional services firm in the mid-market.