BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Guelph office of BDO Canada LLP has a fantastic opportunity for the right person as an Intermediate Cloud Accountant to support the growing needs of our office. This is a brand new position for the region’s Outsourcing group, where we complete client’s day to day accounting and bookkeeping functions through cloud-based technology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress into a Managerial role within this department. Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who has been in a senior accounting technician role (public practice preferred) and is wanting to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidates must have vast experience in a wide variety of industries, lead by example, and have a combination of technical, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills. The Senior Accounting Technician will have the opportunity to delegate tasks of various sizes, mentor future leaders and advise clients towards their business needs.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Advise clients on accounting issues in various industries
• Provide technical and project management leadership to team members for accounting related engagements
• Thorough review of accounting and bookkeeping assignments to ensure professional standards are met
• Assist in the development and delivery of practical business advice for clients
• Ensure staff are meeting all client deadlines
• Effective communication with clients, partners and staff
• Provide coaching and training to staff members
• Prepare or add input towards performance evaluations for staff
• Occasional travel to various BDO offices or client locations is required
Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of 1-2 years of progressive, full-cycle accounting experience (prior experience in public accounting is an asset)
• Working accounting knowledge of multiple industries is required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Developed oral and written communication skills
• Strong ability to prioritize, delegate and manage conflicting priorities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Professional accounting designation is considered an asset
• Strong leadership abilities and experience managing a team is considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting firm in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• BDO offers flexible work arrangements
• Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
• On-going training and educational opportunities (Internal and external courses are available both at a National and Local office level)
• CPA recognized Professional Development opportunities (we host annual manager conferences, WebEx’s, etc)
• BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.