BDO Canada LLP has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to provide advisory and operational support to our Central Group clients. This position can be based from our Waterloo, Guelph or Collingwood offices. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will be the key HR point of contact responsible for advising clients on all aspects of the talent agenda. The HR Manager will work with HR Centers of Expertise and Central Group Leaders to deliver the BDO talent experience positioning people for Firm, Professional and Personal Success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong, trusted advisory relationships with all Central Group Leaders
- Enables leaders to lead and effectively engage their people
- Advise leaders on all talent related matters including employee relations and engagement, performance, rewards, organizational structure, workforce planning, inclusion and diversity, development, acquisition, policy application and others as required
- Partner with the Centers of Expertise and lead change processes to transform and deliver the BDO Talent Experience
- Work with the HR team to deliver all elements of the National Talent Strategy across the group
- Work with the Senior Manager to inform the National Talent Strategy
- Participate on national HR projects
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Enjoys having fun doing serious work in a collaborative environment
- Gets things done
- A curious and proactive problem solver who develops solutions that enable firm, professional and personal success
- Collaborative and constructive when working with clients and colleagues and always seeks to improve processes
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex matrix environment
- A savvy advisor who develops the best possible recommendations for clients and enables leaders
- An effective written and verbal communicator,
- Comfortable facilitating presentations and discussions
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree or diploma a relevant field
- CHRP or CHRL designation completed or in progress
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of progressive experience as an HR Generalist or HR Manager
- Working knowledge of relevant HR legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.