BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada is currently hiring a full-time permanent Junior or Intermediate Tax Technician within our Brandon Office. The successful candidate will work with Managers and other team members on tax compliance and consulting engagements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist Tax group's Managers and Staff Accountants
- Conduct and documents related tax research
- Correspond with Canadian Revenue Agency and applicable provincial taxation authorities
- Effectively communicating internally and externally on various tax matters
- Prepare tax returns for individuals
- Prepare trust, date of death and estate tax returns
- Prepare various foreign reporting forms and information slips
- Review and respond to related tax
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Pursuing or completed a professional designation (CA, CPA, CGA or CMA) would be considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Previous experience providing Tax services in a client facing role would be an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a multi-faceted environment supporting clients’ needs with quick turn-around expectations
Why Work for BDO?
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.