BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada’s Whitehorse office is looking to for a Manager, Assurance and Accounting focusing on public sector and private enterprise clients! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their client portfolio and develop relationships, overseeing assurance engagements and deliverables. As Manager, you will be responsible to lead and manage teams as well as manage client relationships.
The opportunity to work and live in Whitehorse brings with it a lifetime of outdoor experiences from hiking, camping, skiing, and snowmobiling just to name a few. Rated as Canada's best small city to live in, Whitehorse is a great place to raise a family with excellent healthcare, a thriving arts community and beautiful surroundings. Summer temperatures are typically around 20° Celsius and in the winter ranging from -10° to -20° Celsius. Find out more information here!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review assurance engagements for public sector private enterprise clients while providing feedback to the team.
- Provide both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for assurance engagements.
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute assurance engagements.
- Addressing client issues using your strong technical skills and accounting experience.
- Apply industry/business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business.
- Develop a portfolio of new clients and business opportunities with existing clients opportunities on an on-going basis.
- Perform Supervisory Tasks such as; staff performance reviews, recruitment and effectively supervise staff. Provide coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work.
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA).
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in an accounting and/or assurance role.
- Related experience and expertise in area of auditing.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement.
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.