BDO’s Advisory Services Consulting group is a rapidly growing practice which combines proven auditing and risk management processes, methodologies and technology with seasoned professionals with industry experience. Our commitment is that we will provide BDO clients with outstanding service.
We are currently seeking an experienced technology consultant with experience in the management of risk, security and technology to join our downtown Toronto Practice at the Manager level. The Manager will act as a key member of the team with the desire to lead and manage complex projects and be a thought leader in the areas of IT Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance management.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead business development activities for including identifying potential clients, devising business development strategies, consulting with clients, proposing technology solutions and closing business
- Develop and implement practice growth strategies including interviewing, hiring and training new staff members
- Provide project management leadership for full implementation, upgrade or major enhancement projects
- Review Key Deliverables to assure scope and budget remain aligned
- Review and understands the contractual terms and scope of assigned projects
- Ensure that BDO project governance framework is applied to projects
- Ensure that project governance documentation is maintained, published and stored according to BDO Quality Audit standards
- Ensure that the BDO Project Team follows BDO Methodology and is producing deliverables to standards and on schedule
- Act as client advocate
- Mentor colleagues and providing support and guidance
- Demonstrate experience leading and working on high-performing teams
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT security for a Firm or an IT management position
- Post-secondary education in a relevant IT discipline (Engineering or Computer Science preferred, or Cyber Security preferred)
- Experience or specialization in information systems security an asset
- Hold CISA, CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC certification or equivalent an asset
- Knowledge of ISO27000, Cobit, ITIL standards and frameworks an asset
- Experience in evaluating IT General Controls
- Experience in evaluating / developing IT related policies is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of IT governance structures and architecture
- Knowledge of IT cost structures
- Knowledge of main best practices frameworks and references: OWASP, OSSTMM, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of all major technology project management activities
- Ability to align project deliverables and customer expectations
- Coaching and/or mentoring experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills for internal/external purposes
- Must be goal oriented, results driven and client focused
- Ability to thrive in a virtual, collaborative organization and atmosphere
- Effective time management skills
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.