BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Scheduling Coordinator beginning immediately in our Kelowna office supporting our BC Interior locations. This role will support the smooth operation of BDO’s scheduling and resourcing for all assurance engagements including scheduling assurance engagements, be involved in schedule planning and resolving scheduling conflicts. The Scheduling Coordinator has significant opportunity for growth to learn more about workforce planning, scheduling and database analysis. This is a full time permanent job.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Administering a database by resolving conflicts and inputting all required changes.
- Understanding of staff skillsets and managing schedule accordingly.
- Responding to schedule change requests within quick timeframes.
- Identify gaps in resourcing needs dependent on current project engagements.
- Attends meetings to coordinate changes from internal parties.
- Initiates and supports continuous improvement strategies.
- Supports reporting requirements as necessary.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Experience in resource planning or employee scheduling would be considered an asset.
- 1-2 years’ minimum experience managing a database within a professional work environment.
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in both group meetings as well as one-on-one.
- Passion for working with people and optimizing employee strengths.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously within a deadline oriented environment.
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to think critically while using methodological approaches to find resolutions.
- Ability to take initiative to implement changes and take on projects independently.
- Detail oriented within a busy work environment.
- Strong analytical and organization skills required.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
To be the best professional services firm in the mid-market.