Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Senior Manager, IT Systems and Infrastructure is responsible for the strategic design, implementation and support of critical business and infrastructure systems for the entire Firm.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage IT strategic initiatives, such as managed services transition, cloud computing adoption and wan strategy
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and peers to ensure alignment with architectural principles, standards and business objectives.
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism while representing BDO both internally and externally.
- Oversee critical break/fix activities, and reporting on problem trends and their root cause.
- Prepare operating and capital budget recommendations
- Establish criteria on systems and technology standards and implements best practices
- Provide coaching and mentorship to staff
- Plan and manage disaster preparedness for BDO on critical infrastructure systems, applications and the wide-area network
- Remains current with new technology trends and developments
- Vendor relationship management and contract negotiation
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Networking or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience leading an IT Infrastructure department
- Minimum of 5 years' hands-on technical experience in application development, building and supporting enterprise level systems
- Extensive experience leading enterprise infrastructure projects with highly aggressive timelines
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on leader, a problem solver and a visionary with a passion for excellence
- Strong technical understanding of infrastructure support needs for distributed infrastructure and support for a regional office locations
- Strong understanding of WAN, Cloud Technologies (Azure), MS Systems Centre Suite, SQL Clusters, Distributed Infrastructure, DR and backup strategies and Systems integrations.
- Previous experience in successfully adopting Cloud technology (ideally MS Azure) would be a major asset
- Previous experience in combining the efforts of Infrastructure and Application Development teams would be a major asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.