BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO’s National Content and Brand Team is hiring a Junior Content Marketing Writer to join an in-house team of content marketers. The Junior Content Marketing Writer will produce a variety of high quality written content related to the firm’s services. The ideal team member will be a strong writer with experience working in a fast-paced environment, who is keen to learn and grow, and possesses a strong understanding of content marketing delivery. This role is primarily responsible for completing a high volume of content requests with short-term deadlines. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide a portfolio of related work.
- Create a variety of engaging content, including social content, brochures, advertising copy, internal communications, web copy, employee biographies, articles and other types of content
- Intake, prioritize and complete a high volume of content requests on a daily basis via an internal workflow management system
- Deliver social, landing page and email copy for a range of topics and marketing activities
- Work closely with the firm’s marketing team members to deliver content needs, identifying topics of interest, conducting research and interviewing subject matter experts to gather source material, and assessing relevance of information collected
- Communicate with the firm’s marketing team members on project delivery dates
- Develop standardized content templates to help build consistent brand messaging and efficient content delivery
- Interpret technical information and translate into content that is accessible to a business audience while maintaining accuracy
- Work closely with the team of content marketing writers to support marketing campaigns
- Monitor and stay informed on topics and current business issues related to the firm’s services and clients
- Work with external service providers such as agencies and ghost writers, where required
- Enforce the international BDO network’s corporate visual identity standards, including consistency of look and feel in design and writing styles
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- University degree in journalism, communications, English, marketing or a related field
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- 2-3 years of related experience, including hands on experience in content creation in a B2B environment (background in professional services industry is considered an asset)
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Experience developing content related to this role
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders regarding turn-around time for requests and content revisions.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of content marketing principles and related areas such as search engine optimization, writing for the web, and social media
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and client focused skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Desire to collaborate and work effectively as part of team
- Agency experience a plus