BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is looking to hire a Tax Manager to be part of our downtown Vancouver office to support our growing China Practice. The successful candidate will be responsible to support a growing portfolio of medium to large sized clients within our China Practice, primarily through managing client relationships and overseeing project deliverables by team members.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Domestic Tax assignments may include the evaluation of client business processes and policies, providing advice on policy and tax changes necessary to meet changing market needs, and developing proactive tax strategies to make effective use of business opportunities. Assignments also include complex tax returns preparation and compliance work.
- Supporting a growing portfolio of medium to large sized clients within our China Practice by developing and maintaining positive client relationships.
- Applying specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business.
- Managing the client relationship, ensuring that all client needs are met and escalating to the Senior Manager and/or Partner as required.
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent.
- Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Has broad financial, resource and administrative accountabilities in addition to operations project work.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of five years of experience in a public accounting practice.
- Must have knowledge and experience in domestic reorganization.
- Fluency in Mandarin & English required.
- Qualified Canadian CPA/CA with successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (Level I at a minimum).
- Strong communication skills.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware / Caseview and TaxPrep.
- Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.