BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Candidate is currently looking to hire a Junior Accountant, US Tax within our Waterloo office. This is a full time job opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible to work with Managers and other team members on tax compliance and consulting engagements with a focus on US taxation focusing primarily on individual returns for a broad client base.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepare US and Canadian personal tax returns
- Prepare various US and Canadian foreign reporting forms
- Working with Internal Revenue Service, state revenue agencies, Canada Revenue Agency and applicable provincial taxation authorities
- Assists Tax Managers and other team members with compliance and consulting engagements
- Effectively communicate internally with a variety of tax matters
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- One or more years’ experience
- Motivated and diligent in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of US Tax
- This role will require the ability to work extra hours on an ad hoc basis, per business requirements.
Why Work for BDO?
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.