BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Reporting to the Partners, the Office Administrator is our first point of contact with our clients, is responsible for providing direct support to the office, professional staff and assists with work overflow and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Client service representative – first point of contact with clients
- Provide administrative support to the Peterborough office partners and staff
- Coordinate details related to internal and external meetings and events, including set-up and clean up and catering etc.
- Prepare administrative reports, monitoring time sheets and other office correspondence
- Provide support to office services and filing rooms
- Assist with special projects and complete other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Accurately maintain and update client database and workflow database
- Willing to be a member of Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Direct involvement in the decision-making process related to office equipment, office furniture purchasing and leasing including gathering and reviewing proposals
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of office premises, housekeeping.
- Review all office supply orders and approve/negotiate to ensure competitive pricing as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in an office services/administrator role, familiarity with high volume reception is an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma or Certificate is an asset
- Advanced skills in MS Office environment, ability to quickly learn new office specific software
- Proficient keyboarding speed and accuracy
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, a collaborative nature, and the ability to work in a cross-team environment
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
- Ability to multitask between different duties throughout the day
- Ability to mentor administrative team to grow within the Firm
- This role will require the ability to work extra hours from time-to-time, per business requirements
- Support the Vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations
- Typically working in an office environment, with minimal physical activity and may require long periods of sitting and concentration in working with data