BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada's Okanagan offices are seeking a qualified Accounting Assistant in Kelowna, Penticton or Vernon to join our growing team.
Under the supervision of the Outsourcing Partner or Manager, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for acting as a liaison between BDO's Outsourcing clients, BDO’s Centre of Excellence for Bookkeeping and local office professionals to ensure we offer an exceptional client service to our clients.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Supports onboarding of new clients to Centre of Excellence. Onboarding involves working with clients to request required documentation, enter details into internal database and liaise with internal contacts.
• Sends scope of services form and background information to Center’s for quote/proposals.
• Reports success back to Center and center creates engagement letters to be reviewed and signed.
• Assists the Manager or Partner with following up on leads and completes scope of services for new clients
• Builds effective working relationships with client contacts, Centers of Excellence, and local office experts while conveying direct enquiries to the Manager or Partner, when necessary.
• Delivers exceptional client service and experience.
• Keeps Manager or Partner informed on status of files and issues as required.
• Facilitates information sharing between client and client delivery team in each Centre.
• Completes additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• 1+ years of professional experience in an accounting role or environment.
• Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Bookkeeping would be considered an asset.
• Related experience and good working knowledge in accounting systems.
• Prior internal and external client service and conflict resolution experience.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Exceptional communication, time and project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism.
• Supports BDO's vision by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations.
Why Work for BDO?
• BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
• At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
• We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
• We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
• Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
• BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.