BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP is looking to hire a Senior Tax Manager to be part of our Vancouver or Langley office(s). The successful candidate will be responsible to manage a growing portfolio of varied domestic Tax clients, contributing to strategic planning and client management initiatives. Our client base varies in client sizes and industries, allowing the successful candidate to continue developing while provide a valued service.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Domestic Tax assignments may include the evaluation of client business processes and policies, providing advice on policy and tax changes necessary to meet changing market needs, and developing proactive tax strategies to make effective use of business opportunities. Plans, scopes and directs complex client assignments/projects, determining assignment costs, resources and fees for Partner approval.
- Initiates strategic and commercial client contact, ensuring that all client needs are met and that account development follows
- Maintains relationships with clients at the highest level
- Accountable for most operational aspects of client engagement submit to varying levels of Partner involvement which may include travel to client sites.
- Conducts formal project/team performance reviews and provides input to individual performance ratings
- Contributes to the successful recruitment of new talent
- Develops the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Has broad financial, resource and administrative accountabilities in addition to operations project work
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a public accounting practice
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience in domestic reorganization
- Qualified Canadian CPA/CA with progression towards CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Courses
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, and internal accounting/tax software
- Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
- Strong organization and time management skills
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.