The BDO office in London has a fantastic opportunity for a Tax Manager to support the local office, and the tax needs of offices in the nearby area.
We are seeking an individual with in-depth knowledge of tax related matters (compliance, planning, reorganizations, etc), and has prior exposure to a variety of industries. The successful candidate must lead by example, and have a combination of technical, analytical and organizational skills. This will be a progressive position with opportunities for professional development and advancement (including the opportunity for partnership in the future).
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Applies specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address tax issues relevant to the client’s business
- Domestic Tax assignments which may include providing clients with advice on policy and tax changes, and developing proactive tax strategies
- Assignments also include complex tax return preparation, compliance work and review of corporate and personal tax returns
- Provides both technical and project management leadership to team members for Domestic Tax projects or assignments, and has responsibility for maintaining quality control standards
- Develops and/or maintains positive client relationships
- Effective communication with our clients and with our partners and staff on tax matters
- Provides coaching and training to other staff members
- Completes formal project/team performance reviews or give input to reviewers on team members
- Occasional travel to various BDO offices and client sites can be expected in this role
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- CPA Designated
- Minimum 3 years of tax experience
- Experience and expertise in Domestic Tax
- Successful completion (or nearing the end of completion) of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Courses, or equivalent
- Accountable to act as a leader in the Firm, continually focused on employee engagement
- Business development acumen
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.