The Montreal downtown office of BDO Canada LLP is actively seeking an Administrative Assistant for its Assurance Department.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to partners: prepare time sheets, maintain agendas (digital and paper), manage contact lists, answer to the various requests as instructed
- Act as a collaborator and intermediary with clients
- Prepare, support and finalize partners and team billing, and prepare expense reports
- Type letters, reports and other documents from drafts, including correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Write and send letters according to set guidelines
- Organize meetings, conferences and appointments with clients, order catering, as needed
- Support the team in preparing documentation for clients
- Perform administrative tasks related to the department’s activities, including research, special event coordination and updating documents
- Make flight, hotel, restaurant reservations and coordinate meetings
- Collaborate and team with the other firm administrative assistants
- Occasionally do replacement at the reception
Education, Abilities and Professional Knowledge
- Fluent French and English, written and spoken
- At least 4 years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, more specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview an asset
- Professionalism at all times, focused on client service, internal and external
- Quick thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to listen and patience
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Initiative and excellent organizational skills
- Capacity to prioritize tasks
*This position requires flexibility as overtime may be required.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the world’s fifth-largest accounting and advisory firm.
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset. We offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you succeed both professionally and personally.
- We provide competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package.
- You will have the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals who will support your career development.
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives such as FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger,” etc.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.