BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada’s Mississauga office has an immediate opening for an Intermediate US Tax Accountant. The successful candidate will be offered challenging opportunities and an enriching client exposure in a variety of industries. In conjunction with and under the supervision of a Manager, you will be responsible for working on tax compliance and consulting engagements with a focus on U.S. taxation for a broad client base.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Prepares and reviews U.S. corporation and partnership returns
• Prepares and reviews U.S. and Canadian tax returns for individuals
• Prepares and reviews U.S. trust and estate tax returns
• Prepares and reviews various U.S. and Canadian foreign reporting forms and information slips
• Prepares and reviews tax provisions
• Reviews and responds to related tax notices
• Corresponds with Internal Revenue Service and State taxation authorities
• Conducts and documents related tax research (as required)
• Assists U.S. Tax Group Staff Accountants and Managers (as required)
• Interacts with internal and external clients of the U.S. Tax Group
• Assists with general administrative duties (as required)
• Assist tax managers (as required)
• Assist with special projects and complete other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
• Support the Vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO Values and Expectations.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Working towards completion of CPA designation
• Two or more years of experience in an accounting role
• Exposure to US Tax
• Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, TaxPrep
• Motivated and diligent in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of U.S. Tax
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to work as a team member in a professional office environment
• Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism
• Deadline and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work extra hours as required
• Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.