BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Specialist to be located in BDO’s Metro Vancouver offices (Vancouver, Fraser Valley). This vital sales position will drive revenue by generating new leads, and additionally working with existing clients to identify additional services of value. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and organized with experience of delivering on their sales targets in the small to medium sized private company space.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Engage and convert prospective clients over the phone including outbound calls to schedule meetings with key decision makers and handling inbound leads from prospective clients
- Utilize conferences and events for lead generation
- Profile potential prospective clients via predetermined criteria
- Manage a variety of sales automation and online researching tools to keep leads, contacts and opportunities organized
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipelines by scheduling meetings with qualified prospective clients
- Work closely with BDO team members to move prospective clients through the pipeline and closing
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the BDO Cloud solution software
- Assist Marketing with sales & marketing initiatives
- Achieve or exceed quotas of demos and qualified opportunities generated
- Continually look to improve sales ability and performance through collaborative training
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Previous Inside Sales or Business Development experience having achieved positive results in converting leads to clients
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and independent
- Clear and polished written communication skills
- Excellent speaking/listening skills and ability to engage prospective clients over the phone
- Ability to lead/participate in demonstrations of user interactive elements of software
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Technically adept and able to learn how to use a variety of online and sales automation tools
- Prior experience with a CRM and other sales automation tools would be considered an asset
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.