BDO’s Downtown Montréal Office is looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant for a 13-14-month period to cover a maternity leave. The assistant will provide proactive administrative support to Québec’s Office Managing Partner, as well as the team of assurance professionals and the Senior Manager of Human Resources. Coupled with excellent support skill at a senior-level, the Senior Administrative Assistant will have a professional profile and an ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of administrative support duties, including but not limited to, preparing and formatting letters, proposals, reports, presentations and confidential minutes;
- Ensure coordination, logistics and continuous monitoring of meetings and management committees internally as well as externally and manage calendars, travels and travel arrangements;
- Keep records of expense accounts to clients, including preparing and sending them, and review time reports; and
- Maintain and manage client and professional contact database to send various publications, greeting cards, etc.
- At the beginning of each mandate, update client files and prepare engagement letters as well as documents related to risk management and independence;
- Save various documents signed by the client and the staff into the client files;
- At the end of each mandate, review and complete the files to create e-archives of the client files for the current year;
- Prepare, format and review documents associated with the financial statements through Word or Excel for archiving purposes;
- Prepare transmittal letters and remittance slips, as needed, when sending documents to clients (financial statements and tax returns via mail or courier);
- Update client files in XCM internal tracking software (workflow system).
- During tax season, receive client documents for their personal tax return, sort various documents received, prepare tracking sheets for Tax Staff, perform a follow-up on the file with the partner and send the completed tax return to the client, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Management for daily requests and special projects as well as for several initiatives taking place during the year, including the performance review process and the university recruitment;
- Do various follow-up on staffing, Milestone program, various letters and announcements related to staff.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Diploma of College Studies in Office Technology or other relevant training;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in an administrative role and five (5) years of experience at a senior level, ideally in Public Accounting;
- Fluent French and English, written and spoken;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as office-specific software (ex. Caseware);
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage several tasks files at the same time and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Must show flexibility and availability as overtime may be required;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world.
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset. We offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed.
- We provide competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development.
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives such as FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger,” etc.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.