Our Ottawa office is looking for an Intermediate Administrative Assistant. The candidate must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, and possess an ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Partners/Departments
- Assembly of corporate and personal tax returns including cross-checking information from T-Slips, receipts and other attachments to the T1 schedules
- Assistance to other admin staff as required
- Provide a wide range of administrative support duties, including but not limited to, typing memos, letters, reports, maintaining calendars, keeping meeting minutes, coordinating travel arrangements, filing, photocopying
- Booking boardrooms for meetings as requested and coordinating catering requirements
- Quality control regarding visual presentation of financial statements, proof-reading, check additions, transfers and cross-referencing on financial statements
- Reception relief duties as required
- Maintain client information
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Superior knowledge of office specific software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both French and English
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties in a professional manner
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new programs such as CCH Document, XCM, Tax Prep, Caseview etc.
- Able to work under pressure and excellent attention to detail with an ability to prioritize multiple requirements and deadlines
- Must be able to deal with confidential matters appropriately
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to adapt to on-going changes and growth in the role and duties
- College diploma an asset
- 2-3 years direct administrative experience
- Previous Public Accounting Firm experience preferred
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.